A copy of the Harewood Hockey Club Constitution and Rules can be downloaded here: Harewood Hockey Constitution 2020
Harewood Hockey – Club Culture Commitment
- Give 100 %
- Follow Club Vision & Mission statements
- Commit to Club and team activities
- Be responsible for own actions and outcomes
- Be accountable for results
Integrity & Sportsmanship
- Maintain excellent levels of sportsmanship both on and off the field
- Uphold club integrity
- Speak the truth
- Deliver what you promise
- Deliver quality and value
- Be continually improving and innovative
- Speak and act positively in public and private
- Focus on a successful outcome with confidence and pride
- Learn from mistakes
- Impart practical and useable knowledge
- Be a team player (and leader if possible)
- Achieve team goals
- Focus on cooperation
- Be flexible, compassionate
- Have a balanced approach to sport and life
- Create and enjoy a happy environment
- Be consistent and disciplined in your actions
- This will lead to consistent results and success
- Show your appreciation regularly
- Celebrate the wins
Harewood Hockey – Drug policy
The Harewood Hockey Club prohibits the use of all recreational and performance enhancing drugs and substances by all club members, guests and visitors to the club.
The list of banned drugs that must be adhered and are named in the New Zealand Sport Agency Guidelines or on their website; www.nzsda.co.nz
Harewood Hockey – Health & Safety Policy
The Harewood Hockey Club is committed to creating an environment that promotes player, visitor, volunteer and contractor health and safety. The Club will pursue best practice in health and safety and to comply with requirements of the relevant legislation.
This will be achieved by:
- Access to information will be provided to ensure that all players, coaches and umpires can undertake their duties safely.
- Safeguarding players, visitors, volunteers and contractors from unnecessary hazards; and where such hazards cannot be eliminated or isolated, the exposure will be minimised.
- Encouraging participation and consultation.
- Timely and accurate reporting and investigation of accidents and incidents
- Adopting a process of continuous improvement.
- Ensuring players wear the correct protective clothing when and where appropriate
Harewood Hockey – Inclusion policy
The Harewood Hockey Club has an understanding of how the New Zealand Disability Strategy, SPARC No Exceptions Policy and the Christchurch Physical Recreation and Sport Strategy can assist with the inclusion of people with disabilities into physical activity and sport.
The Harewood Hockey Club will endeavour to integrate people with disabilities into their environment and assist them to participate in club activities.
Consideration must be given to safety and the fact that many teams are selected on the participant’s ability to play hockey. Our Mini Hockey is where children with disabilities are most likely to be included.